It's 16 Degrees


In honor of a 16 degree Tuesday, I thought I would post this lovely picture of my roommate Jordan. It's taking every thick article of clothing I can find to stay warm today, so maybe this calls for a Everyday Ensemble: Freezing Addition 😉 Keep an eye out!

A common phrase I hear often is, "You're from Colorado, shouldn't you be used to the cold?"

But let me tell you, this Nebraska cold is a whole new animal. The best way to describe these frigid winter temps is that it "gets in your bones". Yeah, I realize that sounds weird, but there is something so piercing and bitter about the cold here that makes it almost unbearable. And you can't forget about the wind! Without those beautiful windbreakers known as the Rocky Mountains, the wind just comes tearing across the plains with no hesitation.

To compare, Colorado-cold is more moderate. Yes, it's chilly at times but one day snow could be piling up and the next could be warm enough for a light coat or even a T-shirt. The sun shines often and the average temperature lies in the high 40s in the start of the year. As a native, I might be a little biased, but Denver's climate is the best of the best.

Comments

  1. Hi best friend. Thank you for taking such awesome pictures of me. I so agree with "Nebraska cold" being a whole new animal. Ugh! Stay warm! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts