A Retro Reality



A RETRO REALITY🌈
2.9.18




 Here is a look at my most recent photo shoot titled "A Retro Reality". I was inspired by the colors after seeing a myriad of photographs across multiple social media platforms that conveyed a similar concept: Harsh shadows, vibrant contrasting colors, and this kind of bored look.

The model pictured is Shelby Fischman. One of her Instagram photos of her dressed in Riverdale cosplay was one of the deciding factors in why I chose her for this shoot. From her hairstyle to her clothes, she had everything I needed to complete the vision that I had in mind.

For this shoot, I purchased some gels for the lighting that was provided by the studio. We shot in the TV studio of my University and the shoot lasted about 2 hours with make-up, styling, and set up. I called another friend to tag along, Jess Eddmeiri as shown in my Everyday Ensemble, and she helped with makeup and other little tasks.

One thing I failed to do, but will be sure to do in the future, is to get behind the scenes shots. I would love to show everyone what our make-shift studio set-up consisted of. Two LED lights with gels that were 2 inches too big on either side, one camera, and 15 foot black space to shoot in. It was challenging making it work with the resources we had but I think it turned out great! The feeling of accomplishment is always more rewarding when you have to get creative with the resources you are given. With that, I look forward to sharing my next shoot in the next week!




Comments

Popular Posts