THE BREWHOUSE COLLECTION



 THE BREWHOUSE COLLECTION

This shoot was one for the books! In an effort to explore new locations, I decided to swing by a local business, The BrewHouse, and try my chances in getting some photos there with a model. The photos are going to be used in a publication that I run called 1014 Magazine and will go along with a fashion story about upcoming spring trends. 

When we first arrived at the coffee lounge, the business was closed but the owner was gracious enough to let us in to shoot. This means we had the whole place to ourselves, it couldn't have been more perfect. So my advice to any photogs out there is: Don't be afraid to use public places as locations chances are you'll end up with something far better than you could make-shift. 

With the big windows up front, we used almost 100% natural light, which is what I prefer. My model's blue eyes worked perfectly with her denim outfit and the rustic layout of the BrewHouse added the finishing vintage touch to the piece.

As for my model, I've known her for quite some time. She's got the cutest style so I figured she'd be perfect for this. Something that plays a large role in my choosing of models is their current style and outfits. Most of my models wear a collection of their own clothes or I bring in some friends with articles I like or have the models wear my personal stuff. Needless to say, I gain inspiration from everyday outfits and my own closet! 






Comments

Popular Posts